CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 29, 2009

Make RSA Compulsory!

Ok, Ok, so we all know there is a problem. Underage drinking that is. But what I cannot understand is that authoritative figures such as Andrew Scipione and Ian Hickie think that by raising the drinking age to 19, these problems are going to be solved.



I have a solution. Why don't we educate youngsters on alcohol, instead of
promoting what MAY happen if too much is consumed? So you may be wondering how we're going to educate individuals besides taking part in personal development and health classes at school.

Well I am fortunate enough to have a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA). I obtained this certificate while taking part of a school program however if I had to sit for this certificate at a public venue, I would not be paying $100-$150. And that is the problem! Most younger individuals do not have that sought of money.

Instead of making individuals pay for a certificate like this, it should be compulsory for individuals between 16-18 years old to complete this course. Maybe then, adolecents may be more responsible when it comes to alcohol consumption!

0 comments: